Friday, October 26, 2007

Another Rainly Fall Day

Juliette sits on my lap and studies my arm. She likes to dig her little nails into my skin until it hurts. I pull her sharp nails away. She waits and strikes again. Dig, dig, scratch.

It is raining buckets today. It is many shades of gray. It is cold. We have been in the apartment all day. We watched a movie about Marie Antoinette. Why do we like reading about Royal Families, past and present? Royal dream-worlds intoxicate us. We like to watch ordinary, flawed people (chosen by the randomness of birth)in opulent dream worlds.

Juliette is bored with me. I try to entertain her. It is 5:15 PM and I am all out of tricks. I can only place soft, sweet kisses on the pillowy cheeks of my dear sweet Juliette. She cradles my chin in return. We are friends.

No comments: