Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Juliette stayed at Grandmother Geraldine's house for the third day in a row. She is silent. She is playful. She is very, very, very active. I am so tired by the time we get to Silver Spring and she is not. I feel so impatient and unable to deal with her activity-level after a long day of tedious dissertation work. I feel so GUILTY. Juliette is a good sport for putting up with me and my work.

It strikes me how much she looks like a baby, like a 9-months-old baby. She is still very small although she is walking and pointing and talking (sort of). She is still a baby.

Juliette makes me want more babies, this is purely emotional. Intellectually I want the baby I have...just her, just one. I understand why people have so many, having babies is a powerful experience.

Having Juliette is so wonderful, daily-wonderful. The pregnancy, the delivery (even with its complications), the early days, the later days (i.e., now), future days, all is wonderful.

Juliette is WONDERFUL!

No comments: